Thursday, February 12, 2015

Updates

A friend reminded me today of the blog I keep hidden...it's been so long, that I almost forgot where to go to find it. I figured it would be good to blog through this difficult time for two reasons:

1. Get out "on paper" how I feel.
2. Update people on mom's health/answer questions some may have.

We have been overwhelmed at the love poured out by each and every one of you! If you don't know my mom, you can see how well loved she is by all of the memories people have been sharing on social media. She is truly AMAZING! When I try to describe her to someone who may not have met her, I don't know what to say. She is one of those people who would do anything for you, even if she doesn't know you. She would give you the shirt off of her back...and the undergarments too to be real honest because she has decided that it's not really worth the discomfort to wear those anymore. 😳 ( this is nothing she wouldn't tell you herself...she has already told most of you)

I honestly feel like we're in such a fog right now that I can't remember who I've responded to and who I haven't, so please don't take offense to our "foggy funk!" If you do start to take it personally, try to remember that we have just found out the most devastating news about the most special woman in our life and we're trying to make the most of the short time we have left with her. I will only check notifications when she is resting because every waking moment, I want to spend making memories with my mom. If you remember that and still take it personally, well then, that just sounds like a "personal problem" to me. ;) (isn't this the universal "bless your heart" sign?)

The "to do" lists look a bit different these days, they include much more daunting tasks than I like, however, on today's list of legal and practical tasks, mom included Task #6 - make a Paula Dean Banana Pudding (because she's been wanting a bite). Task #6 couldn't possibly make up for tasks 1-5, but it sure does make the day a little sweeter.

Many people have asked questions that we may not have the answer for, but I'm going to take some time tomorrow to list out some of the answers on here to questions that we've been asked so far. If you have any, ask them, and I will try my best to include them.

You cannot know how unbelievably proud I am to be a daughter of Linda Morrison. Thank you for praying with us through this. We feel them, we really and truly feel them.


Love,
Delecta

No comments:

Post a Comment